Monday, October 22, 2007

Long Beach Triathlon



This was shot at the Long Beach Triathlon on a beautiful, sunny morning in September. I was actually out in the water in my wet suit, my tri pod in PVC piping to protect it.
As the athletes entered the water in groups, I realized that these groups were not going to be quite large enough to fill the entire strip of film. I quickly decided that after the athletes ran into the water, I would pan the camera back toward the shoreline. This allowed me to capture this one of a kind image--the tri athletes running into the water, as well as the spectators on the shore watching the start of the race.
I really had no idea what would happen or how it would turn out.
I did this several times....and this was the result!
I am really pleased with how great the image turned out...it's such a unique shot.

No comments: